Friday, January 14, 2011

Wedgwood Fine Tea

Wedgwood is one of my favorite makers of fine china, but did you know that they also make fine tea?

DSCF0034

I tried the Pure Ceylon tea from the Dimbula region of Sri Lanka.  As you can see it is a fine cut loose black tea that infuses quickly and produces a nice full flavored cup.

DSCF0036

The tin itself is quite pretty with its two shades of blue and Jasper ware designs.

DSCF0038

I’ve learned that Cunard Cruise Line introduced the Wedgwood Tea Service onboard the Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth 2 in December 2006.  They provide their passengers a white glove afternoon tea experience including 23 premium teas developed by Wedgwood to suit the tastes of their well-heeled guests.  I’m curious as to whether the full line of Wedgwood teas is still available on the Cunard liners that are presently in service.

I’ll be on the lookout for other Wedgwood tea selections including Assam, Darjeeling, Earl Grey, English Afternoon, Japanese Green, Queen Ann, Orange Pekoe and others.

DSCF0042

This is the Ceylon tea the way I like it with a splash of organic 1% milk.  The teacup is Wedgwood Queen’s Ware in the Edme pattern.

11 comments:

Angela McRae said...

I think your cup and saucer is perfectly suited to the Wedgwood Tea. (I tried it once myself and when it was gone, I saved the pretty tin for a floral container.) Your sweets are so pretty on that plate!

Ginger said...

I did not know that Wedgwood made tea. Thanks for sharing something new with me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that interesting information about Wedgewood teas. I have a fondness for all things Wedgewood - as my wedding fine china is the Wedgewood palatia pattern. I will be on the lookout for those attractive tea tins and look forward to a good cup of tea.

Marilyn Miller said...

And what a very pretty tin. I learned something new here today. Thanks for all you share.

Linda Jennings said...

That is the perfect teacup to pair with your Wedgwood tea! Lovely photos!

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there dear lady,


I'm delighted to find out that tidbit of information.., I shall have to try some Wedgewod tea soon.., I love the beautiful simplicity of an all white teacup.

Thanks for sharing and happy; 'Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland'!


I warmly invite you to visit Pam and I once again for, TTTT and also for my 66th, 'TUESDAY TEA FOR TWO' at The Plumed Pen blog...,Fun!

Have a marvelous week Terri!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
@ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com
@ http:/theplumedpen.blogspot.com

P.S.~ I've done a special blog post this week with a new photo shoot for the first time in several months at Silken Purse blog.

Anonymous said...

Wedgwood is no longer available on board Cunard cruise ships because it has been placed with a really nice loose leaf tea service from Twinings with a great selection of black, green teas and infusions. They serve you the tea in beautiful teapots with built in infusers and provide a tea timer so you know it is brewed correctly!

Unknown said...

HELLO, CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN PURCHASE "WEDGWOOD ORIGINAL FINE TEA"? I HAVE GOOGLED " WEDGWOOD ORIGINAL FINE TEA" AND FOUND A SITE WHICH IS " GIFTS OF AUSTRALIA " TO WHICH I SENT THEM A MESSAGE ASKING WHERE AND WHEN I COULD PURCHASE THIS TEA? THEY HAVE IT SHOWN ON THEIR SITE, BUT NOT A WAY TO BUY IT. I LIVE IN ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA. I HAVE LOOKED ON OTHER SEARCH SITES, BUT TO NO AVAIL. THANK-YOU!

Charles said...

My oldest daughter brought some Wedgewood Tea back from her recent trip to Japan, and having found that I am rather pleased with the distinctly pleasant flavor , do desire to acquire more. It has become more of a difficulty than I had anticipated . I did notice the blog entry that, on the Cunard Cruise Line, Wedgewood tea had been replaced with Twinnings tea. Perhaps this could prove to be a worthy alternative ?

Unknown said...

Strangely Wedgwood Teas are impossible to find in North America but very common in Japan and even in Singapore, where I purchased some on a recent trip there. I can't believe there is no online store selling this fine tea, probably the most refined English tea on the market. Try Wedgwood English Apple tea and you'll understand.

Linda said...

David Jones in Australia carries Wedgwood tea. I personally love the Earl Grey tea..the best I've ever had..strong with bergamot and a distinctive floral perfume..absolutely divine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...